Friday, December 25, 2009

Crawling Forward

That is what it feels like when you want something to drop.

I've been camping this scorpion NM for three days cause it drops two items which I need, well, actually one more than the other. If you are wondering what it is, it drops two different items that is needed to make new Ebon Harness to Ebon Jerkin and Ebon Frock to Ebon Tabar, both of which drops off this NM, but the one I want more is the one to make Ebon Jerkin.

This NM only uses Cold Breath as its only TP move which does flat 125, 250, 500dmg depending on its HP and binds.

My first attempt was soloing this on Bst/Nin but it has its risks as a mischarm may be dangerous as I don't have movespeed to run away. After a few sucessful as well as unsucessful runs, I decided to try it out as Smn/Nin as I have Herald Gaiters to keep my distance.

Was easier on Smn/Nin as you do not have to worry about mis-charms, but Carby sure takes a while to solo it on its own. I decided to try something new after a few times of Carby soloing, something riskier but faster, Garuda kiting.

The plan was simple, pull the NM out of the room with Carby and then keep your distance with the NM. Once you have a good distance, summon Garuda and predator claw the NM when it gets close, which is why /nin helps. This method has its risks as you may get cold breathed when you predator claw it. Once Garuda has done its blood pact, keep running and recasting shadows if needed and unsummon Garuda and keep running to regain MP using elemental siphon when you have good distance to cast the elemental and siphon. Repeat till NM is dead.

Drop rate on it is horrible though, I went 1/11 on the Ebon Jerkin item, but at least it is a two hour repop NM, so it wasn't that bad I guess. >_>"

No comments: